Monday, August 29, 2016

And While in Durango.....

We went on an open air jeep ride up the La Plata Canyon.  It was a very bumpy ride that went up almost 12,000 feet in elevation.  It was fun.  The only problem we had was that there was no bathroom! But, we all know what bears do....







The jeep company was called Mild to Wild.

The next day we rode the steam engine for almost 50 miles from Durango to Silverton.  We chose the open air car and it was a great ride, although you do get lots of cinders on you in the open air cars.  The ride up took all morning and the scenery was wonderful and the weather was perfect.









Unfortunately, the good weather didn't last.  It absolutely poured on us while we walking thru the town.  The bus ride back was better than being in an open air train car.  The camera gods were against me on this trip.  I took out my camera to take some pics and no batteries or memory card.  I took my phone out of my pocket to take pics and I had pushed the video button and only had 20% of my phone battery left at the start of the trip.  But, it made me watch the scenery instead of taking pics.

Sweet dreams from Alpen Rose Campground, in Durango, Colorado


1 comment: