Sunday, August 7, 2016

Goodbye Utah, hello Colorado

We left SLC and headed for Colorado. We stopped at a very unique rest area. My oldest grandson loved Thomas the Train when he was little and this area reminded me of that show.




We stopped for the night at Green River State Park.  After the horrible conditions at the SLC state park we were hesitant to even give the Utah parks another try. This one was ok. Bugs were bad, but it was ok otherwise.


Electric and water $30



The next day

We only went as far as Grand Junction KOA and plan to just relax here for about a week. Nice park with a pool. 


We went to the western Colorado museum. It was nice. I thought that I had overcome my fear of heights until I went up the museum tower to take a pic. I snapped them in a hurry and headed back down to the ground. 



Sweet dreams from Grand Junction!

1 comment:

  1. Didn't look like many were staying at the state parks. It is a shame so many states aren't keeping their parks and campgrounds up.

    ReplyDelete