Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Snowbirds Have Landed on Their Winter Perch

We said farewell to our friends from Canopener 2016 and headed south.  We took hwy 98 which was a 4 lane road as good as an interstate but much better scenery.

We got a walk in spot at Manatee Springs state park.  It is a beautiful park.  It is an older state park so getting into the sites was a little tricky, but our section was full hook up.  I was really disappointed that we didn't see any manatees.   We had no cell service or wifi.  We made a quick tour of the park and ate some chili because IT WAS COLD!!!!  28 degrees. We disconnected our water hose and used the furnace to keep the tanks and all from freezing

Today we came on to Riverside Rv Resort. Our Home Sweet Home for the next three months!  We spent most of the  afternoon getting set up and made a quick trip to the grocery for supplies.  I Fixed dinner and skyped with the grankids


I didnt get my 10,000 steps so I hope I can catch up tomorrow...

Pics coming tomorrow

3 comments: